Attention all Northern Colorado Pickleball players!
Now that February is upon us, it’s time to be thinking about outdoor play for the summer. As you all know, even with four additional courts being opened at Centennial Park in 2017, court space continues to be in high demand. There are already several small groups getting organized that will be reserving court space this summer. I will not be surprised if we get to May and find that Monday through Friday mornings have been reserved at both parks!
As we continue to work with City officials on the creation of additional courts, it is VERY helpful to show the city the growth in Club membership. I hope you will all consider joining the LPC as we continue our efforts to get more courts build in Loveland!
With that in mind, we’re ready to announce Loveland Pickleball Club plans for the summer 2019 season!
- We are increasing our court reservations! From May through mid-September:
- The Club will be reserving Monday and Wednesday mornings at Mehaffey Park for open play.
- The Club will be reserving Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Centennial Park for open play.
- The Club will be reserving Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Mehaffey Park
- We are increasing tournament play!
- We are planning a Spring Mixer at Mehaffey Park on May 12
- We are planning our Club Championship Tournament at Mehaffey Park on September 15
- We are increasing our training efforts in order to become better at our game.
- Details are still pending, but we plan to conduct regular Skills and Drills sessions where we will work on specific skill development.
- We are planning to host two Intro to Pickleball classes again this summer.These free classes are open to the public to teach very basic fundamentals of pickleball.We’ll follow up with sessions that will only be open for these new people to become regular players.
And, best of all, we will be able to do all of this with no increase in annual Club dues!
We were able to establish a checking account over the winter, so we will be able to accept checks made payable to Loveland Pickleball Club. Cash also works. All dues MUST be accompanied by a current 2018 membership form. Everyone needs to fill out a 2018 form. Forms can be turned in to either Bob Monroe or Sue Topolnicki and dues paid at any time. Your 2018 membership is valid until May 30, 2019.
Download and print the 2018 LPC Membership Form from our website.
Click on “Join the Club” and you’ll find the form there.
We will be able to accommodate guests for a $2 daily fee, but only as space allows. If we have full courts with members, we will NOT be able to allow any guests to join in play that day. I expect this to be the norm in 2018.
A couple of additional benefits to Club membership:
- I have received an order of yellow Onix Pure 2 outdoor balls. Your cost is 3 balls for $7. Contact Bob if you’d like to purchase some.
- Jason Aerni will once again offer a 10% discount on Selkirk paddles.If you’re interested in getting a new paddle, contact Jason directly at Jason.email@example.com